Your personal integrity is important to us at Resilient Regions Association. Therefore, we are committed to protect any personal data that you might have shared with us previously, as well as any personal data that you will share with us in the future.
With the Data Policy displayed below, we aim to be transparent about the way in which we collect, process and protect your data according to the new GDPR guidelines. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the policy.
Why do we collect personal data?
When we refer personal data in this policy, we mainly refer to information such as names, email addresses and company names. Much of what we do at Resilient Regions Association revolves around these specific types of information. The purpose of collecting this data is because of the following reasons:
- To administer your subscription to our newsletters so that you can be informed about activities, events, meetups, surveys and other news that could be of general interest to you as a member/friend/customer of Resilient Regions Association. Please note that you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the “Avprenumerera” button in the top of any given newsletter.
- To be able to process registrations and ticket sales when we arrange activities within the frames of our organization, as well as to be able to notify our attendees about changes in the program or potential cancellations.
- To be able to statistically summarize the outcome of our events, as well as to determine the level of interest our community has shown in a particular project of ours.
- To provide you with summarized or specialized information related to event you have participated in.
What type of data do we collect and what do we do with it, then?
Normally when we collect personal data of some capacity, it could be any of the following types of data:
- Personal details such as name, email address, working title, company, gender and membership are collected when you sign up for our events. This is so that we can see who’s coming.
- Personal details such as your email address is collected when you sign up for our newsletters. This is so that we can inform you about news related to the organization.
- Personal details such as name, email address, company, country and payment method are collected when buying tickets to The Conference. This is so that we can estimate how many are coming, where they are from and how they made the transaction.
How do we process the personal data?
By signing up to any of our given newsletters and events, you have permitted us to use this data in compliance with our data policy.. We never share this data with a third party or jeopardize the data by extracting it from our system.
At certain events, we have a photographer documenting the general atmosphere by taking pictures for us. If you wish to not be photographed or have your photo removed from any potential material (digital or analog) in which you’re visible, just let us know.